Tuesday, July 12, 2011

quick update

So, I know it's been a while.....sorry.
I just wanted to post pics of some recent happenings. In mid june, we went to the Denton Air Show! I fondly remember going to air shows with my family as a kid. So I thought that I would share that with my family. It was quite hot and Josh was a little bored, so we didn't stay long enough to see the actual planes in the air, but we got more of a ground show. Emmett loved it though. When we were leaving he kept telling Josh that we needed to stay at the airport!
I don't have my knowledgable dad here to tell me what kind of planes these were, when they were made and used, etc. But here are a few pics to prove that we are still alive and well.


All I remember my dad telling me about is this plane below. I don't remember what it is, but I do remember that these were the planes used in the Doolittle Raid on Japan in the second war.
The kiddos in the belly of the plane
The weekend after that we went to San Marcos and San Antonio to see some newly transplanted Fish family. Here are the Fish Texans getting to "ride" the San Marcos river. We stayed two nights in San Antonio with Abe and Meredith! It was so nice to see them and we are very happy to have them so much closer!
We got home from Utah on Monday, and I have a ton of pictures that I need to sort through and post. I will hopefully post them with in the week
-Carol

1 comment:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Cute pic of all the kids at the river. I'm glad you made it back from Utah safely. I hope it was a wonderful visit. Thanks for coming to visit us. We had such a great time. Can't wait to do it again! ~Meredith