Sunday, May 6, 2012

A little delayed

Some friends from the ward invited us to go camping over easter weekend. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. The spot was 2 hours away on some family land. We got a little confused on the actual location, did a small bit of trespassing, and I was sternly talked to for it, but we made eventually made it. On Saturday we had an easter egg hunt for the kids, but mostly we just hung out and played. I got up early Saturday morning and went out on a stand hoping to see a big old piggy, but the only thing I saw was a doe and a faun. They were so small and far enough away, I had to look through my scope to make sure I wasn't looking at a coyote and a pup. Other than that it was an uneventful trip, but it was good to go camping again. We haven't been since we moved to Texas. On a slight aside, E and I went on a fathers and sons campout last weekend. It was not nearly as fun. It was pretty much a sustained 30 MPH wind all evening, night and the next morning. At about midnight, one of my tent poles decided it had enough and the carbon fiber splintered and busted all up, so I had to get up and go stake the tent down again on that wing to keep it from flopping all over us. Not the best nights sleep ever. Oh well, enjoy the pics!!!









1 comment:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I tried to talk Abe into camping over spring break but I couldn't talk him into it. We need a family camping trip. Hope you guys are doing well! Taylor said the other day "Remember Maren, my best cousin (I'm guessing the equilavent of a best friend but a cousin), I miss her." I guess that means it has been too long. :) ~Meredith