Sunday, June 8, 2008

luau and .....blah, blah, blah

Alright, here I am. Are you happy Josh?
So Thursday was Cora's last day of Pre-K and her class had a "luau" the day before. Cora was so excited and talking about it weeks before hand. As you can see, the girls were not disappointed with the party. Funny times, watching the girls tryout the slip-n-slide for the first time.


I laughed my head off watching Jess slip and fall flat on her back. Don't worry, she jumped right up with a smile on her face.

Josh thinks that this pic is pretty sweet, capturing Cora in the midst of landing on her knees.
She had such a blast on that thing. She was still playing on it after all the other kids had gotten bored.
Here is Maren looking dang cute and way, way to big. I can't believe that she will be two soon.

Well, I guess that I will take this time to kind of fill ya'll in with what's going on. We are currently looking to move into a rental house a little outside of Denton. The reason behind that is that this fall Jess will be able to go to public preschool and there are only a select few schools with the program. Well if we stayed where we're at, Cora and Jess would go to different schools and that means a lot of driving on my part, which means less cash flow. Anyway, Cora's Pre-K teacher is being transferred to a new school, and so we thought that if we can move into that school's boundaries, then I can walk the girls to school if needed and Josh can have the vehicle to get to school. Therefore, not spending as much time on the road between schools and home.
I can not begin to explain the level of my anticipation for a house. I want a place that has a yard where we can let the girls get out as much as they want. And Josh wants to be able to grill, as we are not able to here where we live. He wants a grill/smoker for fathers day, even before we know if we're moving or not. Anyway, my brain is gone and my stomach empty. I'll try to do this again sometime...if I get some comments.
-Carol

4 comments:

Michelle said...

nice pictures of the girls. they look like they had so much fun. thanks for posting! i hope you're able to find a house with a yard and such. so much better than an apartment for the girls. miss you!

Alex Perry said...

I am so excited for you guys, I hope you get a house...where is it at? You will enjoy it so much, and once you get out of that apartment you will be wondering how in the world you ever lived there! Just kidding okay it wasn't THAT bad, but a house is 20,000 times better! We have certainly enjoyed it that's for sure. We miss you guys, I hope you can come to Utah to this summer :)

CARDON RODEO said...

I really really hope you guys get the house, because let's face it sending your kids out to play can be total bliss!!. Miss you all tons.

Leah said...

I love the pictures. How fun. I would have commented earlier if I had the stinkin Internet. I hope you find a place to rent that is affordable and big enough. Good luck and keep me posted. Isn't it going to torture josh to have a new grill and not be able to use it? At least for a little while? Oh and you didnt happen to mention how happy you will be to leave all the little ant buggers behind!!!
see you tonight!