Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break




Alright, Spring Break is over today, and we haven't posted. Nothing terribly exciting is happening. We got to hang out a lot with Zeb and Leah. The girls have loved it. The family picture was taken at their house on Friday. We slept over so the girls could play. Carol and I tried to convince Zeb and Leah to go on a date since the opportunity would probably take a while to come around again, but they opted to stay home and watch The Office episodes they have been missing. I think they really just don't trust us with their kids. Besides that, Carol has started a garden. As you can see. We talked to our landlord about gardening when we moved in and he wasn't thrilled with the idea of tearing up the yard, so we just bought a whole bunch of 5 gallon buckets and filled them with dirt. One of the families in the ward order a half a yard of composted top soil for her garden, and the people who processed the order misunderstood her .5 and interpreted 5, so they dumped 5 yards of top soil on their driveway. Kind of sucked for them, but most of the ward was able to get a whole bunch of free dirt, including them. So, other than that not much going on. OH, I posted a while ago on my Death and dying class. Well last night I started doing research for my paper which is on spirituality and death. That may just end up being my dissertation topic. Which works out great, since data gathering would probably take very little time, and I could probably do a qualatative design, both of which would make my life easier in a lot of ways. Just a thought, I haven't actually written anything, or gotten past the abstracts for that matter, but I already have a ton of articles, so hopefully, maybe... we will see.

7 comments:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Such a cute family photo. We started a garden this weekend too. Poor Abe has spent several hours digging up the yard. The buckets are a great idea! I hope you guys had a great spring break. I'm sure Abe would love one of those. ~Meredith

Michelle said...

cute family picture. emmit is getting so big...is that how you spell the boy's name? and jessica looks so much like cora in that picture. i miss those girls!

Zeb said...

That's a great swing.

Anonymous said...

Dad said put some holes in the bottom of those buckets, if you haven't already, so that they can drain. Mom

Sarah said...

Wow, that is so smart to have a garden in buckets. I would have never thought of that. I have started my first garden this year we shall see how is goes?! I love the family picture you all look so good. I miss you guys I hope to see you guys sooner then later!

Bernadette said...

Very cute family picture! I can't believe how much they have all grown & changed!! We love you and miss you all!!

Leah said...

Who took the amazing photo? ;)
Your garden totally rocks. I can't wait to see it flourish! Way to go. And free soil is about the coolest thing ever!