Thursday, April 9, 2009

Potty training

Well last week I decided that I was done buying diapers for Maren. So I went to the store and bought a new potty. Maren was pretty excited about a new frog potty. I didn't know if she was ready, but I pushed her into it anyway.
The first day-and-a half was brain damage for me. I second-guessed myself and the timing. But then all of the sudden she started going on her own and without having accidents. It has been several days now that she has gone without having any accidents with the exception of dropping a few bombs in her underware. Which is oh so fun.

I got out the camera the other day to get some pics of Emmett. He is growing so fast it makes me sad. There is an upside to him growing though. He gets more and more durable. So I don't get as stressed when Maren is around him.


This last pic is of Emmett and his cute cousin Julia at six days old. Huge difference 4 moths can make.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

way to go mar bear! that second picture of her up close is adorable. did you take it? if so, my friend, you've got some skills...maybe you could be taking pictures of your kids on your own. i know, i know. just saying! and i can't believe how big emmett is. he's adorable!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

I love the pictures of Emmett. He is so cute. And I would agree with Michelle that the picture of Maren is so cute. That's impressive that Maren has gone so long without an accident. ~Meredith

Leah said...

Julia's tongue is hilarious! How funny.
Those pics of Emmett are SOOO precious. Love em. And way to go Maren!!!! I will have you know that Audrey asks for a froggy potty constantly! If only Julia wasn't so little or Audrey would be right alongside Maren with potty training.

CARDON RODEO said...

3 down and only 1 more to go!!, but I do agree it goes by way too fast

Alex Perry said...

ahhh Emmett is getting huge. He looks just like his sisters. Maren is SO BIG! HOLY CRAP...what happens to these little kids :(

Mom said...

On a different subject Chad and Tara have a blog, the address is chadandtarafish.blogspot.com.