Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The last few weeks

You may have noticed that the blog has been a little neglected as of late. So here is what you have been missing and what has been keeping us away from updates.....

First... Record snowfall hit Denton, we got 12 inches in the city and about 13 where we live. And as seems to be a requirement whenever North Texas gets snow, we built a snowman. Granted, I didn't break out a scraper and level like some people I know, but the girls liked their snow girl. They repeatedly told me it had to be a girl, so I put her hands on her hips akimbo. How else does when designate gender in snow people (other than what I saw on the snowmen built at UNT by undergrads).
Second, Annette's family came out to see Rollie before he got deployed. He has been stationed at Fort Hood, which from the news, you probably already know is down in Waco area. He had a weekend off before being sent overseas, and for some reason Annette thought it was worth it to drive out here and see him off. As an added bonus we got to see the family. Annette and Carol took the kids to the Dallas Aquarium. I was at school teaching, so I don't know what they did, or saw, but here is a picture of them there, and for some reason the aquarium seems to need a leopard as well. (Carol says I sound jealous, I just think it's silly since cats hate water).
We were also spent Sunday (2/21) at Griselda's house with Rollie, and Annette, and Rollie's family. They have such a sweet family. Such beautiful kiddos.
And since I have been putting in a ton of hours at school, the girls have been missing me. Fortunately the Daddy daughter dance was scheduled for last Saturday night. Cora and Jess had a great time, and I actually danced, if you can believe that. Maren didn't get to go, but I took her out just Dad and Maren to get ice cream a couple of nights before, so hopefully she doesn't feel too left out. She has been asking me to go on another date almost daily since.
Beyond all of that fun stuff, I have been trying to get too much done. I am working on another submittal that looks at the factor structure of a spirituality measure and how it correlates to existing measures. I realize only a few readers will know what that means (or have a translator) but I wanted to let you know I haven't been wasting all my time these past three years. I have also been teaching a full lecture with 104 students and a lab with 21. I have also decided that making tests sucks. Carol has been very supportive, and has been sending me picture mail so I don't miss out on to many moments at home. Cora and Jess even made a special effort and cleaned up their toy room, the bathroom and their bedroom so the house would be clean when I got home. I think Jess has been struggling the most; more than one night I awoke to have her snuggled into bed with us. She is so funny, she doesn't make any announcements about it, or even try to wake us up, she just climbs up next to me. I usually don't even notice until I am caught between two snuggling heat suckers and I start frying with no escape. I think that covers most of it pretty well. Hopefully were all caught up on the major news, and now I have some more papers to grade (ugh).
~Josh

4 comments:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Thanks for the updates. It's tough when school takes away all your time from the family. The girls look so cute in their dresses for the dance. So fun! ~Meredith

Jenny said...

Good luck with school. Nice to hear what you guys are up to.

Michelle said...

your girls are such daddy's girls. i can't wait to hang out with them!

Leah said...

What a sweet picture of you and the girls! I'm so glad you guys got to see Annette and Rollie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog makeover. It totally rocks!