Thursday, May 13, 2010

The End Is NEAR!

So, I have decided to grow a beard, put on a bath robe, and stroll the streets of Dallas carrying a sign that reads "The End is Near." Nah, I have seen people bible beating on campus, don't think it is the most effective method. Actually the end of Grad school is near. Today I completed my last final for my last lecture course ever! I still have comprehensive exams, ideally at the end of summer, but all of my remaining class work is going to be research. The bad news is that I am definitely not going to be able to walk until May of next year. I am finalizing my degree plan, and I can't sign up for more than 6 hours of dissertation per semester and have to have 12 hours of dissertation. Ideally I will have my dissertation defended by December and will only have to sign up for the hours in spring. So that is what has been going on at school.
I would give you an update on what is been going on at the house, but I have been spending most of my time at school (Plus I told Carol it was her turn to update the blog, and she hasn't done it, so I will let her give a better update soon. Her excuse has been I have the computer with the pics on it, pshh, whatever.)

`Josh

5 comments:

Michelle said...

so does that mean you can work and just do you dissertation work on the side? i hope for your sake. i'm ready for work. bring on the job! :) and carol, stop making excuses and post something!

Zeb said...

Oh the endless time spent studying. It's amazing that we pay someone to force us to do that. Maybe you should do some research on that crazy phenomenon.

Leah said...

YAY!!!! That is awesome, Josh.
Congrats!!!!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

For some reason I thought you had another year so that is pretty exciting! So does that mean you have to start the job hunt in not too long? I hope you guys are still in Texas if we move out that way. Good luck with the dissertation. ~meredith

J and C Fish Family said...

Originally, I believed my program would take 5 years, but I have been taking a lot of classes and so it should ideally be done in 4.
`Josh