Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pres. Hinckley


We just got the news that Pres. Hinckley has passed away. I think Carol said it best "bitter sweet". It is difficult to express what he meant to me and I am sure Carol as well. He has been the prophet as long as I have been old enough to understand what that meant and though he will be sorely missed it is difficult to be too sad knowing that he will finally be again with his beloved wife, and knowing how much he has served and how many wonderful reunions he is sure to be experiencing. In short I am grateful for his life, his service, his example and his love. May we be blessed in his absence.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I had been thinking about when he would pass on and knew it would be soon. Although I don't know that I heard he was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago. did I miss that?
I too am grateful for President Hinkley and the life he led. What an amazing man. I am so happy that he gets to be with his sweet wife. What a joyous reunion they had. He will be missed greatly.