Friday, July 18, 2008

We are moving.....again.

As of last night, we are now home renters!!!!!!!!
I know, it's a lot of exclamation points, but I am really excited. And it all happened relatively fast. Monday night I saw some listings on craigslist and in the local newpaper. So I decided that I would call about them the next morning while Josh was at school. I left messages and got them returned a couple hours later. I set up walk-thru appointments through the week. The first one was on Wed. afternoon and it happened to be this one to the left. Anyway, Wednesday, we filled out an application and the owner said that he would call and let us know the next day (Thursday). Needless to say, I was anxious all day long. About 4 pm, I couldn't take it any more I needed to know whether we got it or if we needed to keep lookig, so I had Josh call him. Anyway, long story short, we made the deposit and singed the contract last night!! We can start moving in on Monday. I can't begin to explain how excited I am. Some of you readers might not get why I would be so excited to move out of our current living arrangement. Well, I'll just name off a couple of the most important in no particular order.
We will be .7 miles away from the elementary school that both Cora and Jess will be attending. We will be able to walk the girls to school, thus not needing a second vehicle (hopefully).
A yard. I am so glad that the girls will be able to get out more. I hated keeping the girls inside most of the day. But being on the third floor in an apartment community...... it's just not safe to let the girls wander. The girls are also very excited to get a trampoline.
There will be no ants. We are going to take extra precautions to make sure that we don't take any unwelcome tag-a-longs.
Privacy. That will be so nice. Anyone that has lived in apartments knows about the noise disturbances. For the past year, I have had to tell the girls to have quiet feet in order to be considerate to the neighbors below. I will no longer have to worry about that!! Anyway, I could go on and on but I've got things to do and I am sure you do as well. So Leah, there you have it! I posted again, just as I promised.

9 comments:

Chesney said...

I am so excited for you guys. we will miss you as well. We will come visit if that is okay!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

That is very exciting. We are glad that everything worked out for you. Not that I would know about having a family in an apartment but on my mission there were some "interesting" noises coming from people above us in one of our apartments. Just to set the record straight, Amy is pregnant with a girl and so she had been asking for suggestions on girls names. That is where that comment came from. When she made it she didn't know that we were pregnant. You just got lucky that your speculations were correct.

Alex Perry said...

ahh Carol I'm so happy for you guys. That is awesome, you will LOVE IT! Now that we have a home, I am always wondering how in the world I survived in an apartment for so long. I wish we could be there to see it and help you guys get settled in. Are you guys still hoping to make a trip to Utah soon?

Zeb said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you guys. How great is that. Thanks for posting Carol. Love that you included a picture. I can't wait to see it. YIPEE!!!! Do you guys need help moving?
You must be so stoked.

Zeb said...

That was Leah not Zeb! :)

Michelle said...

Cute house! I'm excited for you guys...

Leah said...

I guess when we graduate we'll have to buy a house with a pool. Otherwise there will be no reason for you to visit. I was so excited that you'd be able to get away from your apartment and come to our house, but now you've dashed those hopes.

Stevie said...

I'm so happy for you! (And sad for us... we'll miss you.) It looks like a really nice house!

Leah said...

that was zeb above, by the way! :)