Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer swimming



I love their funny poses mid air.
Maren's little jumps barely clear the ledge, so cute.

I think this is Cora attempting a dive, you can see it will be all belly.


So it is summer and we have been taking advantage of the break by taking the girls swimming a lot. They have LOVED it. They are both swimming really well, and as a consequence Maren thinks she should be able to swim also. More than once she has jumped in without Carol and I catching her. The first time it freaked us out. But now we are much more careful watching her, and when it has happened we just pull her up out of the water, and she has a big smile on her face so I guess if she enjoys it. Cora and Jess are sitting on my lap as I write and wanted every one to know that they are practicing diving. In reality they are just putting there hands up above their heads in a diving position and falling or jumping in on their bellies. It is some of the cutest belly flopping you will ever see. I may do another post of pictures, just because we got so many good ones.

4 comments:

Alex Perry said...

ahhh, seeing the ol' apartments in the back ground makes me sad. I miss that pool, it was so nice because it's so shallow for these little kids.

Bernadette said...

We miss you all sooo very much!! I can't wait to see you all this summer.. Whenever I tell Peyton I have a surprise for him he instantly says.." Are my girls here"? "-Are they going to come around the corner again"? When I have to disappoint him by saying" not today, but soon," he"ll say " I miss them Mom"... we can hardly wait!! Love you all, Bernadette

Michelle said...

Post the belly flops! Love the facial expressions!!!

Michelle said...

oh, and I also love how cora plugs her nose when she jumps in. i still do that. even when i'm falling on the wakeboard, the first thing i do is reach for my nose...