Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nesting and a Fairnaval






Carol is the room Mom for both Cora and Jess's classroom. And as such she has been getting ready for the fall festival. I don't really know why they call it a festival, festival implies food in abundance, and I saw very limited food, and it certainly wasn't the kind of food I would call festival food. Thus it was more of a volunteer carnival, minus the throw up rides. A lot of games that are overpriced and useless prizes that the kids think are the best. As you can see I opted to take the girls to get some face painting and hair paints. They like that a lot. They also had a bounce house, which the girls went in right at the start. For Carol's part she had me build a bean bag toss which I should have taken a picture of (I did a good job). That was for Cora's class, for Jess's class they already had a lollipop tree. Carol organized the parent volunteers and gathered the lollipops, made the bean bags, and a whole bunch of other things I probably didn't realize she was doing and I know she didn't realize she was going to be doing. All in all the girls had fun and it was a good time, though I must say that blazing Christina Agullera's Genie in a Bottle to a bunch of elementary students might have been a little inappropriate.
Also as you can see from the ticker, Emmett will be here soon. Carol has been piling up projects for herself before he gets here. She has one blanket done, and I think she has postponed number two until he needs it. She is also boying up some plain white burp clothes with camouflage ribbon. We are all excited for our new testosterone laden bundle to arrive. Especially me, though I don't think he will be up to wrestling for the beers for a day or two. After that it is no holds barred.
-JOSH

3 comments:

Michelle said...

that is some serious face paint! um by the way, is jessica taller than cora now?

J and C Fish Family said...

not quite. I think they are within an inch of each other though.
-josh

Leah said...

Sometimes I hate the internet. I just left a comment and then hit post and it deleted it. Ugh! ;)
I loved the testosterone comment. Who knows if we will have any more of that in our household. I guess we will see....on Monday!
I still can't believe Carol is both of the girls' room mom. I bet she won't EVER sign up for that again! ;) I am sure she is doing a great job though. Darling pictures!