Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No, not really

Cora and Megan (whom we pick up from school some days, she is in the Ward).
Jess and Maren (I think Maren is trying to get me to eat her sandwich for her).
The beloved grill! Not just by me the whole family is reaping the rewards!!!
Well, there really isn't much to announce. Things have been fairly quiet in the past weeks. Cora is doing well in school, as is Jess. The first two pictures are of lunch today. Carol thought it would be fun to go and eat lunch with her, so we loaded up some lunch for Maren and Jess, and headed to school. They had a good time and Cora was super excited to have us join her. I also think she was excited she didn't have to sit by the boy with the cafateria lunch. The other day she told Carol and I, on separate occasions, that one of the boys that always wants her to save him a seat gets the cafateria lunch and his lunch "stinks", she says with a wrinkled nose. The last picture is of my beloved grill. Cast iron grate, smoke box, heating rack... it is the best. I think I mentioned some time back that I really missed grilling. Well, I have had that grill for about a month and a half and I have already burned up about 50 pounds of charcoal, and half of the apple wood I brought back from Utah. I might have to have Mom and Dad bring the other tote when they come out. In the recent weeks I have smoked three chickens, and at least that many roasts. And steaks, oh the steaks.... I didn't realize how much I missed a good steak, and I have come to the conclusion that no restaurant can compete with a home grilled steak, and Carol's garlic mashed potatoes. Can you tell we are food family. Or at least Carol and I are. Maybe that is why the girls are so picky. Anyway, that is about all of the news on our end, hope you are all well. I still think ending these things feels awkward...
-Josh

3 comments:

Leah said...

Nice. THe grill looks like, "It's theee beeeest!" It sounds like you have put it to some pretty good use. The lunch pictures are cute. Claire LOVES when we come to school and eat with her. It is definitely a highlight. Thanksgiving is just around the corner!!!! SWEET!!!

J and C Fish Family said...

Thanks for posting Hosh!! I have to say that I am glad that you like your grill so much. I do too, or at least the food you cook on it. Thanks babe. Now you have two comments!!!! Yay!

Michelle said...

um...i want some grilled food.