Friday, July 2, 2010

Little Authors

A couple weeks ago the girls were into writing their own stories. Jess and Maren created their own stories and Josh and I wrote them down as they spoke. The stories are without titles but fun to read. I thought I would blog them so I don't feel bad throwing them away. Enjoy!

By Jessica
One morning, a girl named Rosa went to the store. She bought a box of cereal. Then she bought a box of candy. The kind of candy was suckers. Then she went back home. She gave out suckers to her neighbors. Rosa went to the library and got a dinosaur book and she got a recipe book. Then she got a movie for her kids. One was named Maria and one was named Jonathon. Jonathon made a cake recipe and Maria watched the movie. When Maria was done with the movie, she did art. The kind of art was painting. She painted a rose and a blue bonnet. Then Jonathon watched the movie. When he was done watching the movie, he painted. He painted a normal car and a race car. Maria made the rest of the cake. When she was truly done with the cake, she went to the park and Jonathon went too! Jonathon swung on the swing. Maria went down the slide 20 times. THE END

By Maren
One time a girl named Hallie and she was going on a trip with her mom and dad and she fell into a ditch. Her mom and dad were still riding their bike and she died. Then she was in the desert and her dad was named Uncle Rollie. He was a different uncle Rollie and she was a different Hallie. Then he died. Then he fell on the board on the forest. Then he wrote down a letter of a scorpion. In our room there is a scorpion. I'll go get it! Like the one in the picture and like the desert in the picture. And then uncle Rollie gave a chair to Abuelita. And he went to the circus and felt the sand. THE END

I wonder what a child psychologist would say after reading those stories
J.K. Rowling watch out!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I am glad it is a different Hallie. And a different Rollie. What a cute idea to write stories though! I'll have to steal it. So cute.
P.S. My favorite part of the post was when you said you have them written down so you won't feel bad about throwing them away. We need to invent a trash can that has a trap door where my kids can't fish out their 100th colored picture that I threw away. Can't even count how many times they come up me, crumpled pic in hand crying, "Mommy. This was special. You weren't supposed to throw it away."

Jenny said...

Wow! The things that kids say... I enjoyed the randomness of their stories.