Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bedtime fun!!!




A few days ago, I was preparing the shower for the girls; I started the water and turned to blow my nose. When I turned around, I saw a pink little shape roaming the shower. Initially I thought Carol had gotten Maren ready and she had climbed in and started playing. As I continued to look the color was much to pink for skin. I flipped the curtain back and whoa. There stood Maren, fully clothed, soaking wet and smiling. Apparently Maren had decided we were to slow and she was ready for the shower. Fully clothed she took her toy and climbed on in. I really couldn't help but laugh, and of course call Carol. Carol being a good and sensible mother, instructed me to get the camera. (I have finally answered the question to how certain pictures and videos ever were shot considering the nature of a given situation, such as the one with the kids and the paint on the floor, walls, couch, and flat screen T.V.) Unfortunately Maren loved all the attention and laughter she illicited from all of us (especially her sisters), and consequently I am a little nervous that she may have learned that such actions are acceptable. (See "A lesson in Conditioning"). That same evening we told the girls to get their pj's before the shower. I think it may be time to rotate some of the clothes. Isn't Jess a hoot (most of the time).

3 comments:

Michelle said...

did she turn on the shower herself? that is so stinking cute!!!

Leah said...

Love Maren in the shower. And Jess's PJ"s are fantaaaasstic! In answer to your question, Yes, go ahead and rotate the clothes! ;)

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

Maren is too cute. Ethan tried to get in the shower with me this morning, with all his clothes on. I didn't realize that he could get his leg all the way up on the tub. By the end of the shower he had opened the curtain so many times that he was just as wet as if he had gotten in. I guess I won't try that again. ~meredith