Saturday, March 29, 2008

Slacker
















I have been slacking. I just realized that I haven't made any posts in the last week. So what has been going on? Obviously easter has come and gone. The girls had an easter egg hunt on Friday. There is a really nice couple that moved in next door. They have a little nine month old girl named Maya. We got together with them and went to one of the playgrounds in our complex. Jess helped scatter eggs, which she then couldn't find. It was great. Our neighbors are in school. There names are Laura and Ray. Laura is majoring in photo journalism, so between her and Carol there were a lot of cameras clicking.

I am back in school, the break came to an end despite my resistance. But it has been a good week. I lectured on Friday and that went well. I have a stack of papers to grade, but that will wait until tonight (80 plus manova's, ugh). I find it is easiest to grade if the kids are asleep. Also the time goes faster if I put on a movie I have seen a bunch of times so I don't have to pay attention. Other than that it has been a fairly uneventful week. I do have Tuesdays away from campus now which is great. If you remember I mentioned that I had bombed a presentation in February due to a head cold. Well shortly after that my Prof. asked me to see her and informed me that I would be getting a C if I didn't ace the final. C's are unacceptable both in my book and in the program. I thought I was in quite a pickle since I needed the class to maintain funding, and I had heard that nobody gets a hundred on any of her tests. That being the case, I talked to a fifth year student who said she had been in a similar situation and had consequently talked to the Psych. Coordinator who said she could drop the class and still maintain her TA positions. So I sent out an email and got permission to drop. On the one hand, I spent half a semester working for nothing, and on the other, I no longer have to stress about that class. Somewhat bittersweet, but on the whole I am feeling more sweet than bitter.
Maren has finally started to talk. I was beginning to worry she might have ear problems because it seems quite delayed, but I knew better she was just taking her time, and Carol and I weren't encouraging her as much as we did with the other girls. She can now very clearly say up. She also knows please, but it comes out as eeas. So maybe she doesn't know it, but she knows that we want her to say it and will at least attempt to approximate.
I think that wraps up the week. I will put some more pictures up soon. I just haven't gone through and cleaned any of them yet. Enjoy the weekend all.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

awe...it looks so bright and sunny there...and warm! I could use some of that. The girls look so sweet. I love that picture of cora. miss you guys!

Leah said...

Yeah, who are you calling a slacker about posting, huh? :)
I'm glad you had a good Easter. Too bad we are both in our choirs and couldn't spend it together.
I'm glad Maren is talking more. Man she is a cutie.
See you soon...hopefully! :)