Friday, May 23, 2008

Here come the dog days





So I have not been the best at posting. I would have written sooner, but I just didn't feel like it, and there hasn't been much news. I had a job interview yesterday at Bass Pro Shop which is not close, it is a half hour drive. I got there about fifteen minutes early and filled out a survey and then refilled a application even though I had already done that online (can you use ctrl p people, honestly). Then I sat and waited for about 20 minutes for the interviewer. He was the manager for the hunting department (I had applied to the gun counter). We sat down I started introducing myself while he looked over my application. When he got to the part where I stated desired salary he stopped me and told me that the positions he had were only going to pay 8 dollars an hour. That pretty much ended the interview. On a good day I would have to work for 2 hours just to pay for the gas to get to work, it just didn't seem quite worth it, and then since we all know where gas prices are going, and if I got stuck in traffic... So I am still just kind of sitting and doing research. We have decided to wait until August to visit Utah, and we are trying to find a new apartment/house to rent. We really want out of the place we are in, not that it isn't nice but it is just really hard to live in an apartment with the girls wanting to get out and it just doesn't work that well. I think we are all getting a little cabin fever. That and if I don't get a home grilled steak soon, I think I might start hunting cows.
Carol took the above pics last night. I went to hang out with some friends from school. Jonathan, one of the kids that came in with me, has a cousin who's husband is entering the experimental program next year. They were in town, so Jonathan wanted me to come over and do a little meet and greet. It kind of turned into an interesting story but I will have to share that later, and probably not on here. Besides that everyone is well. I think Carol is starting to get over the morning sickness somewhat, which is good, and we are still really hoping for a boy, really hoping. I mean really hoping. A LOT. The girls are as cute as ever. Maren is entering the difficult, wait is in the difficult stage, at least it seems that way. She knows what she wants but can't communicate effectively to get it, and we can communicate with her, but can't reason enough to explain why she is being disciplined. To top it all off that girl is a bully. She hits me, Carol, Cora and Jess all the time, gets put in time out and then does it again. She has improved but it has been an uphill battle. Then recently she started biting. She has bitten Jess twice and the first one left a two day bruise, it was so sad. I think we jumped on that fast enough that it shouldn't happen to often, I hope. I don't think there is any other news, and as usual this is probably longer than I intended but oh well. So, I think I shall trail off aimlessly now........

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are waiting until August. I should be able to play a trip around your schedule. Hopefully Mike can still get me on a standby flight. Sorry that Mar is such a bear! I guess maybe the biting goes along with her name!

Leah said...

I got a good laugh at the hunting cows comment. I needed a good laugh. That my friend, was funny.

I can't believe you would have to work 2 hours just to pay for gas. That stinks. Stinkin' gas prices.

I am with Michelle. With the nickname like bear, what do you expect? :)
Seriously though, I am sorry. Audrey has entered the hitting phase (Claire and Hallie were never really that way) and it drives me nuts. I can't imagine how frustrating biting would be. Good luck with that.