Sunday, May 4, 2008

1 year

I think Carol will be even happier about this being posted than she was about it being taken. Grumpy.

There isn't much new news. After this week I will officially have accomplished 1 full year. As great as that is it is also really, really depressing. I have one final on Wednesday and then I am done until July. The girls are pretty much the same. All of the ear infections are done. I don't know if we mentioned, but Maren also got Jess's ear infection and that was not fun either, though I don't think it was as bad as Jess. She wasn't nearly as vocal about the issue and not just because she doesn't have a large vocab. Today was also stake conference. It was quite the menagerie. It was converted into a tristake conference and they reorganized a bunch of wards and branches to create a whole new stake. It was kind of cool to see the process, oh wait, I didn't see the process. Carol sang in the choir and I had all three girls by myself in the UNT Collaseum where they have basketball games. Imagine the Marriott center but not quite as nice or new. I was on time but that actually worked against me since on time is 15 minutes early. As it turns out that fifteen minutes was as much time as Maren could handle being good. So we ended up outside in the first 20 minutes and I didn't see more than the initial reorganizing of the first two stakes. Oh well. At the time I was a little frustrated but I am getting over it, slowly. I think Carol enjoyed it (she better have, or else I shall shake my fist at her). I asked her how she enjoyed the meeting but she didn't give me much of a response. She said she wasn't able to focus as much as she would like to have since she had to be there early to practice. I say no excuse, she didn't have any kids. Did I say I was over it? Anyway, we also had some company over for dinner. Matt and Whitney. They are second year students in the psych department and are really nice. Matt comes from Colorado, so he has heard more about the church than most of the people I meet, which is kind of nice, I don't feel like I have to explain everything to him. Anyway, the girls need to be put to bed so, love you and good night.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

you are brave my friend. i'd be mad if you posted a picture of me that i didn't like. then again, i couldn't do much about seeing as we are well over a thousand miles away from each other...

Leah said...

You are more than brave to post that picture. With how bad your sweet wife hates pictures taken of her I am sure she will be less than pleased you actually posted it. Although I do love the look on her face. I can just hear the words she uttered, "Josh, don't you dare!"

Congrats on your first year being over tomorrow. We will be up there oh so soon to celebrate!

Glad you are done with the ear infections! :)

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

At least you look cute in the picture, even if you weren't happy about it being taken. Abe is infamous for taking horrible pictures of me. That is why we only post pictures of Abe and Ethan. Maybe one day he will learn that pictures when I'm ready for bed or when I have just gotten up NEVER turn out good. ~Meredith

J and C Fish Family said...

my little brothor emmett is here yah. he is cute. did you see his smill it is cute to. this is cora.