Friday, April 25, 2008

A little old and a little new

First, I saw this picture in my widget bar and realized how much I miss Walter, and how much those kids have grown. It was a very sad moment. And then I noticed the fairy wings and had to smile. It's little things like that, that make me realize how much I miss living close to our Utah family.





Second, I told you about Cora's note to her mom. Well Here it is. You may have to open it to get the full effect. Go ahead and do that now.



Okay, so translated it says, Mommy, you are hurting my feelings. Carol saw it and had the expected mixed emotions given the seriousness of the note, but couldn't help but laugh since she is smiling so big in the drawing as if she enjoys hurting Cora's feelings. I have to say the faces are my favorite parts.
Anyway it is the weekend and I have a paper to do so, enjoy those big gulps.

6 comments:

Zeb said...

Oh Peyton...
That's a pretty sad picture. It's okay Cora, sometimes Carol hurts my feelings too, and I think she likes to do it. : )
But if you think that's sad, when I read the part that said "it's the weekend" I thought, "it's not the weekend." Yeah, that's pretty sad.

Leah said...

That picture is so sweet. I can't believe how much they have grown. Love the fairy wings on Walt.

Carol told me about the picture Cora drew her. I am constantly hurting Hallie's feelings. When they are so easily hurt, and rather frequently, it gets a little tiresome to say sorry so much. Poor kids. Well, if you find a magical cure please share it with me!

Michelle said...

i thought i saw a tear on cora's face. i shouldn't be laughing right now for two reasons. one, i'm in the library and two, it shouldn't be so funny. but thinking about how much cora gets her feelings hurt makes the note all the more funny. don't hate me, and don't tell her i said that.

btw - i feel all your pain. first final is on wednesday. i'm studying for property. at least it's an openbook exam!

Michelle said...

and one last note... i love love love the wings on walt. he is such a sweet boy!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

That note is just too cute. I think it is so adorable that they figure out how to get their point across so well. It definitely shows how smart she is. ~Meredith

CARDON RODEO said...

I love the fairy wings, but more than the wings we really just miss your whole family. Can't wait to see you all again, Love the Cardons.