Thursday, April 17, 2008

Future

As some of you may or may not have heard. Annette had invited us to spend about a month and a half living with her while Rollie went to boot camp. He is planning on joining the National Guard and is going through MEP's on Monday. My semester ends the first week of May and I go back for summer semester around the first week in July. That window, as it turns out would have been just about right for the first phase of his training. However, as we planned and prepared, discussing options with family and friends, we found out that Rollie wouldn't be able to start training until July at the earliest. While the news was discouraging, it was also releaving. As you can imaging making plans for our apartment while we were gone and other factors was a little strenuous as well as plans for packing 6 weeks worth of supplies into suitcases was less than encouraging. So even though we were looking forward to living as close to a beach as Annette is, as well as Disney World, it wasn't meant to be. In other news I am applying to a few places around here, and hopefully one of those will pan out. I did get a response email today, and it sounds promising. It is at a Behavioral Medicine Hospital in Dallas. The most discouraging is that it is around 30 miles away and with gas prices as high as they are that is something we will have to figure on if I get an offer.
Since everyone is really reading for news about the girls, Cora is doing well. Cora's preschool teacher was running standardized tests and said Cora is doing exceptionally well. She's a smarty. Lately she has picked up Claire's habit of writing notes in her own little sounded out form of spelling. I believe she spells daughter "dotr" which is so cute. She loves to write them and then hand them to Carol and I. Yesterday she gave me a note that said Dad, I love you tooooooo. This on a little scrap of paper a little bigger than a quarter. Jess, well you have heard about our little sweet Jess, she is full of adventure, maybe that has something to do with the animal in her. She definitely keeps us laughing. Maren is continuing to learn. She is struggling with learning to annunciate, but we keep working with her. If we ask her to say something she usually can get the intonation right, but struggles with moving her tongue to create any different sounds. She love to antagonize Cora and Jess. I have mentioned they try and play their game out of her reach, but Carol and I have tried to make that more difficult by not letting them close doors and lock her out. Beyond that she is now capable of climbing up on the chairs and tables and even moving chairs around to reach where they are at. Consequently she will grab something they are playing with and take off with it. It is cute to see her run and smile like it is some great game, not so cute to hear the other two whining about it. The other day she took something of Jess' and was running back and forth on the couch just out of Jess' reach. She had a ball.
Beyond that Carol and I are doing well. Looking forward to the end of another semester and whatever our summer brings.
Josh
P.S. These posts have been spread out over a week because nobody is commenting and I keep expecting more comments. That is a not so subtle hint.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

i almost always comment...not that i'm bragging. probably says something about my life. but just to make you feel better, i check these things several times a day. just because i love seeing what you are up to and looking at pictures of the girls! it makes me happy...

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CoCo MoCo said...

I will try to post more often. But I want you guys to know that when I check this site ever Monday, looking for something good to make me laugh and find a reason to love life again, I always find that reading about the girls. It totally gives me the last boost I need to finish the day and it gives me insight to their lives since I can't be there with them.
I love you all and please don't ever stop posting these blogs.

Leah said...

Okay, well it only took me a week but I am now commenting! ;)
I love reading about the girls but I also like reading stuff about you and Carol as well. :)
Yes, packing for 6 weeks is quite the chore (we packed for almost 3 months last summer). And let me jut tell you that I am more than thrilled that we will be so close this summer! Just a hop, skip, and a jump away! ;)
Cora is a smarty and I LOVE the spelling they come up with. It is the cutest ever. There is an animal in Jess but it is tame at times! And sweet Maren. What a little climber. She is too cute.
Love you guys!