Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winding Down




News from the girls, lets see. Jess got an ear infection :(:( (two because it is very sad). She actually has an inner and outer ear infection, so she was leaking yellowish puss. It is so sad to see her like that. But Carol texted me earlier and told me she was smiling and eating breakfast, so hopefully it will pass soon. In the meantime she is taking quite the drug cocktail; eardrops, amoxyl, and alternating tylenol and ib profine for the fever. She should be off of the last two soon though. Cora, as you heard was doing standardized test and excelling. Her teacher actually told us that she could skip kindergarten and go straight to first grade, however, because of Cora's size she didn't recommend it. Carol and I talked about it and decided the same thing. I think she is definitely smart enough and socially she could handle it but she is so small I worry that the kids would tease her, especially after hearing that Claire, who is taller than Cora, is teased for being small. Still, it is awesome to know that she is doing so well. She wrote Carol a letter, and drew her a picture, but I will have to scan it in and post it because I couldn't do it justice without the visual. Maren, oh Maren, she is so Maren. She is picking up some on the talking thing, and I have a feeling she is going to take off in full sentences at any point, but until then, we keep working. She is such a hand full, and all the "baby proofing" is quickly becoming obsolete. As for Carol and I we are doing fine. I just gave my last presentation in Physio, which went well. Fortunately for me my professor is more about quality than quantity, since my lecture was about five minutes shorter than average, and I got an A on my test, WOOHOO! Which in the short run means I definitely got a B or A in the class, and also I am done with that class. I just have to show up for the rest of the semester. Such a relief. Now I just have one major paper (ugh!) and one more test and I will be done with my first year of Graduate School. Only 4 more to go. That is laced with so much sarcasm, I can't even describe.

3 comments:

Zeb said...

Congratulations, you have fewer exams than I do. But how many years did you say you have left? I think I was looking at something that says I have ...was it... um...SIX MONTHS! And Abe and Michelle, how many more months for the two of you? Perhaps we should count by decades, that will make it seem really short!

That's too bad about the ear infection, but very good news about Cora.

Michelle said...

i'm so proud of cora. give jess jess a big kiss from me and tell her to get better soon.

And stop rubbing it in zebby! i have two years...but right now i just have two weeks to think about...and then finals and first year are OVER!!! (the two weeks is beginning today, and already it feels like two years!)

Leah said...

Well, Josh 4 years will come sooner than you think. I know, you are scoffing at my comment. Really though, you are almost done with your first year...that rocks!

LOVE the picture of Maren. How could I not?

So sorry about Jess's ear infections. Poor kid.

I am with you on keeping Cora in Kindergarten, we would do the same thing. She is a smart little girl! Isn't it so refreshing to feel as though they have such a jump start on everyone and yet they are extremely social as well. :)