Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to school!





I haven't down loaded all of the pictures from Utah, but here is a short sampling. We had a birthday party for Maren and Jess since we were in Utah for Jess's birthday and since Maren doesn't know the difference. It was fun for the girls. They got to swim and eat and swim, and then open presents. Aunt B got them the cute dresses to match (thanks B), and since we didn't get to go see Skye (Maren wasn't feeling well, and we decided it would be better to save the money) Carol took some pictures around the house in there cute new dresses. Beyond that, we are back in Texas. The drive home was beastly but I am getting better at the staying up all night. I pretty much launched right back into work, I had some meetings on Friday, and started TAing today. I am still trying to track down some lecture slides for the class I am teaching this semester, but I don't have to have that until a week from Thursday (sigh of relief). The girls started school today, Jess is in Pre-K and has the same teacher as Cora had last year. Cora goes to Kindergarten and will be at school all day. Carol was struggling with that thought last night. She is also having a hard time deciding how to balance out having Maren alone for a whole morning with the fact that when the baby gets here she will have to share Mommy again. We don't want her to get used to having no competition and make the transition that much harder, but we also want to give her as much one on one time as we can before she loses that chance. So it is a tuff (that spelling is for Michelle via NKOTB) line to walk. Besides that not much is new. We are heading to Waco for the Labor day weekend, and then school school and more school.
-JOSH

5 comments:

Alex Perry said...

It's so crazy all of these little kids going to kindergarten and first grade already. Eryka starts pre-school next week too, I'm happy and excited but I'm kind of sad...I'm so used to having her here all of the time, and even though it's only for 2 hours it's going to be an adjustment again. I can't believe Marens hair is long enough already to put in full piggy tails...holy cow she's grown A TON since we've last seen her!!!

Leah said...

Love the dresses. The first picture is DARLING! I still can't believe Jess is in school too. Sounds like Maren will have a little adjusting with her play buddies gone!

We are way excited for you to come this weekend! See you soon!

Chesney said...

For Carol- Great to see you the other day. I will call or email about our next GNO. Are you guys NKOTB Fans? They are coming here in October. So I hear.

Michelle said...

so cute... and thanks for the shout out to my boys in the band!!! you know how i love my NKOTB!

Michelle said...

oh, and by the way, where are the snails? so gross...and yet so funny!