Friday, August 1, 2008

Scarring

There will be no pictures with this posting and you'll be grateful by the time that you get done reading this. Just this last Tuesday, the girls and I needed to get out of the house and they had been begging me to take them swimming. So I gave in and took them to an indoor pool in Denton.
Well, I needed a locker to hold our shoes, towels, money, keys etc. So we four walk into the locker room portion and there stands a down syndrome girl (in her forties or later) completely naked. And the girls caretaker walks in behind us and kind of blocks the doorway. The caretaker is telling the girl to get her swimming suit on. And guess what my girls are doing? Yep, they're staring... At this point, I am quickly yet subtlety finding a locker that would position us looking away from this scene. Well, to make things more fun, the locker keys have to be purchased before hand. So, thankfully that gave me a good reason to get out of there. I figured that by the time that we got back with a key, we would hopefully be alone in the locker room. As we were walking out to get a key, Jessica not so quietly says " I do NOT want to see that again." How can I keep a straight face and try to teach her to keep comments like that to herself? Well we timed it just right!!! The same girl was putting her legs through the holes of her swimming suit. So the girls also got to see how she took her time getting her suit on. Then she finally left. Yay!!!
We had a good time swimming. However, 5:30 arrived and I needed to get home so that I could get dinner started. So we got out of the pool and Jess and Cora expressed a need to go to the bathroom. After that, we went into the locker room to get our stuff and who should be there? yep that's right, the down syndrome girl and two others all naked. Oh sweet!! We timed it perfect....again. This time I was franticly trying to get the girls shoes on and adjusting the girls heads in the meantime. Jessica asked me why I was moving her head. "To give those ladies privacy." Clearly privacy is not something that they're concerned with. Luckily I got the girls done in record time and dashed out of there as soon as I could. How fortunate we were to be able to see that twice in one day.
We haven't heard anything from the girls about this experience, so hopefully they aren't too scarred. Anyway, I hope that you got a good laugh. I laugh when I think of Jessica's comment : "I do NOT want to see that again." I second that. Aren't you glad I didn't post pictures? The visual imagery is enough.
-Carol

5 comments:

Zeb said...

That was a good laugh! I'm so glad that I'm not the only person this stuff happens to. In fact, it's very amusing to be a spectator, rather than the main character in these stories. Way to take one for the team!

J and C Fish Family said...

Really Carol whipped out her camera phone and started snapping up her memory cards worth of locker room nudes. She has been showing everyone whom she talks to. It should be quite the shocker at church.
-Josh

Michelle said...

That is too funny! I am also glad that I'm not the only one to experience such crazy things. And, as always, Jess has the perfect line!

Leah said...

I think one word sums it up. WOW!!! I am dying here. That must have been quite the sight and twice!!! Oh jess. I do NOT want to see that either.
What an experience. Ice cream anyone?

CARDON RODEO said...

That is some good stuff, however I thinks it's right up there with when I used to be a life guard at 7peaks. One large gentleman in a very tiny speedo plopped down on his tube and wouldn't you know it, but little winkey was right there peaking out at me. I always find it interesting what you find at swimming facilities.