Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Emmett's Blessing


I have the most handsome boy ever!!! (I may be a little biased, then again maybe not)

Papa, Granny and the Girls with Emmett.

No Wonder that kid is so good looking, what a hot Mom.
(and man does he look stylin' or what)

Well, Zebby graduated (YEAH ZEBBY), and my parents came out for the graduation. Since they were here, I thought it would be a good idea to bless Emmett the same weekend. In retrospect it was and wasn't. It was great to have Mom and Dad here, but it made for a pretty hectic Saturday. We woke the girls up at 6:45, got them dressed and had breakfast in the truck as we headed down to Waco around 7:30. Fortunately we didn't hit any traffic and we pulled into Baylor with 10 minutes to spare, then we couldn't find where we were supposed to park. 15 minutes later we got out of the truck and went searching for the right building and ended up getting to the graduation about 20 minutes late. What we did see of it was good, and we didn't miss anything important. We got to Zeb get hooded in the "robes of the false priesthood" haha. Then we went back to Zeb and Leahs house for a while before driving back home to get ready for the blessing. After that we got the girls in bed, I went to the store for some last minutes items, and Carol prepped food for the next day. Needless to say we got to bed late. In the morning I started the brisquette smoking and we went to church, and were heading home just as my Mom and Dad got into Denton. We actually timed it almost perfect, so that they were able to follow us right back to our place. We hung out with them and Zeb and Leah got there about 20-30 minutes later. At 5:30 we got started, had a prayer, I blessed Emmett, and we ate and mingled. I gotta say I felt a little dorky since I ended up talking to Jeff (Mormon and in the Psyc. program) and two other students we invited most of the time, and most of it about psychology, teaching, and stats. Oh well, gotta embrace that lovable nerd in me sometime. Then one by one people began to leave and we got the kids in bed, talked for a while and headed to bed ourselves. Mom and Dad decided to stay through Monday, which was great. The girls and I ditched school and we went out to the Bass Pro Shop. Dad kept telling me that they were getting robbed blind at Cabella's and Sportsman's in comparison. Then we went to Grapevine Mills, not for any particular reason, it was just something to do. After that we headed home, rested for a little while and Dad told us he wanted some really good Mexican food. The only place Carol and I know of is all the way down in Fort Worth, so we set out again. I will say the drive is always worth it. Then we made an unscheduled stop at Cabella's in Fort Worth. The girls liked all the animals, though they have been before, and Maren keeps telling me she saw the crocodile eat a frog. It's cute. So there you have it, our jam packed, self proclaimed, three day weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad for being here, we were all so glad you came.
-Josh

6 comments:

Zeb said...

Thanks for having us up, and thanks for coming down. I know you guys wish you could live in Waco.

It was good to see you and all the kids. We're really looking forward to being closer.

Michelle said...

he's so cute. i can't wait to see him again. when are you going to visit me in lovely newark! just kidding...maybe!

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

He is just adorable. I wish we could see him one of these days. Ethan loves looking at the picture of him on the fridge. He keeps asking when we can see him. ~Meredith

Bernadette said...

He is so very handsome. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all.. maybe one day soon.. I can't believe how the girls have grown! Tell them to stop! Peyton wants me to say thank you to Jess for the fun dip ( he ate it so fast I don't think he had time to enjoy it) and to Cora for the stuffed animal and the beautiful card!! We are going to find a frame for it and it is going right in Peyton's room! That was very sweet of them both... thank you! We love you all and miss you tons! It is great to see pics of you all! I miss you.
-Bernadette

Alex Perry said...

haha ahh you guys he is so cute!!! I'll bet it's so different around your house having a boy finally after only having THREE girls. He looks like he is so much fun!!!

Serge said...

Emmett does look very cute. He sure is getting big!