Friday, February 6, 2009

And time marches on...

I tried to post a video of Emmett starting to show signs of giggling, but it didn't work. The sound was just awful, and while you could see his sweet smile it just wasn't the same effect without the sound. SO in lieu of that video, I am going to share an insightful exercise. I am taking a class in Death and Dying. Yep, it is a real downer. I don't know why but I came to grips with death fairly early on. That being said, we had an exercise recently that got the gears a turning, and Carol's tears a flowing. We had to make a Will. It was fairly informal, and I honestly am not going to post it here (mostly because I said things to certain people that I wouldn't say with out the guarantee of a more permanent barrier between me and retaliation, hahaha j/k) It was just a little to personal thus Carol crying. But if you have a late evening with your thoughts, think of the possessions in your life that you have assigned some value to and then think of whom you would like to have those things if you were to be called back home tomorrow, or whom would you like to have some momento to remember you by, and what that item would be. Then take it a step further and think what kind of message you would want that item to carry. I think you might discover a few things about the people whom you love and interact with and the relationship you have with them.
-Josh

p.s. There may be few more thought provoking threads coming out soon. I seem to be in a contemplative mood (and if you know how my brain works that is really saying something). Not all of them will be introspective, but hopefully they will help you take a fresh look at our world.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

deep thoughts...by jack, oh, josh, handy...just kidding. but sort of is depressing to think about that. however, after recent events, i think it is something we should all think about. because you just never know what's going to happen!

Leah said...

Thinking about those things is HARD. I know we will do our will as soon as Zeb has passed the bar and I know it is going to be tough. Questions like, "who would we leave our kids to?" If we both passed away... That's a biggie.

Lots to think about on so many levels.