Sunday, February 22, 2009

Masquerade Ball

Cora and Jessica's school had a Daddy-Daughter dance yesterday. I have been so excited to help get the girls ready for it. The preparation began a couple of weeks ago, my sweet sister-in-law Leah, gave us two boxes of princess accessories that came with shoes, bracelets, gloves and a purse. Then I was able to find masks for the girls to decorate. So Thursday the girls and a friend / classmate of Jessica named McKenna came over and decorated the masks. They had a blast!! Josh didn't want his decorated though. I think that he looks like a handsome old school batman.

Josh without his batman mask.( Opps, I think that he might be upset that I posted this picture before he got a chance to edit. You can see that his suit needs to be dry cleaned.)
No daddy -daughter dance is complete without corsages and boutiniers. The girls came with me to pick out the flowers. They were very excited about the idea of wearing flowers on their wrists. I even made one for Maren, which she kinda ate this morning. So as far as I know orchids are non-toxic. Good thing. Aren't the girls beautiful.
Cora likes to pose for the camera. I have no idea what Cora is doing with her foot in this picture. Silly girl.
Apparently, there was a chocolate fountain at the dance. So the girls enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries. Mmmmm.

And so you have it. The long aticipated daddy-daughter date. It's a good thing that the PTA only put this on once a year. To buy tickets for the three of them was$25. Josh complained that High School formal dances aren't even that expensive. Oh well. I will gladly pay $25 for the fun they had and the memories that they will have.

5 comments:

Bernadette said...

Looks like they had a great time! They look absolutely darling..what a wonderful memory for them with their Daddy.. they are such beautiful little girls. And, I love the mask on Josh! Great.

Michelle said...

how cute is that? LOVE it! what great memories they will have. and have to say, squash, you are a fantastic brother, as well as father and husband! love you!

Chesney said...

What a fun idea. The girls look so cute too.

Leah said...

Darling. That is too sweet. They girls look precious and what Dad that owns a suit doesn't need it dry cleaned? ;)
What a fun evening.

CARDON RODEO said...

The girls look so grown up. Lately Iv'e been standing back looking at my children and saying to myself "they are growing up way too fast"